The Hamptons Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Can I opt out of the HOA fees?

No, HOA fees are mandatory and are due as per the encumbrance registered on the title of ALL properties in The Hamptons. These dues help with the preservation and enhancements of your neighbourhood.

On August 1st. of each year, outstanding fees, that are overdue for 2 or more years, will be turned over for collections to a third-party, Priority Credit Management, and all costs, interest and recovery fees will be the responsibility of the property owner.

Q. How much are the fees and when are they due?

The annual dues are $150 for single-family homes (and townhomes) at $75 for multi-family apartment condo units. The amount and payment due date is determined each year by the Board of Directors. The payment deadline for dues is May 31, of each year.

Q. How to Pay Your HOA Dues
If you own a home within the HOA Boundaries, you are required to pay HOA fees.

Cheque (Preferred)
Please make cheques payable to “Hamptons South East Edmonton Homeowners Association” and be sure to write the property address on the cheque so that we can apply the payment to the correct account. Mail cheques to:

Esquire Management Group
Suite 200, 12406 – 112 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5M 2S9

Cash payments can be made in-person during regular business hours at the offices of Esquire Management Group, Mon-Fri from 9 a.m.-noon and 1-4:30 p.m. (closed holidays)

Interac e-Transfer
Interac e-Transfers can be accepted through your financial institution, provided the following instructions are followed:

  • Direct all transfers to Elaine Smith (Accounting Manager)
  • Send a follow-up e-mail to Elaine Smith ( with The password for the e-Transfer
  • Name(s) of all Owners on title
  • Property address

The HOA has chosen to use Esquire Management to assist with collecting fees and providing support to the Board. All outstanding fees for the current year were due May 31st, so if you have not paid them or you have any questions regarding your fees, please contact the management company immediately. As a homeowner, you cannot “opt out” of the Association fees because there is a registered encumbrance on your property and a legal requirement to pay. The fees collected by the HOA will be used to maintain our neighbourhood and supplement the City of Edmonton‘s services. Until now, the developer has provided some of these services at no cost to the home owners. These fees could include helping to build playgrounds, common fence painting, extra mowing, removal of weeds, or addition of flowers in common areas.

Q. What do I do if there is a damaged tree not on my property?
The City of Edmonton is responsible for all trees in The Hamptons.

Please call 311 to report a damaged of fallen tree to The City for their assessment and remedy.

Q. What is the fence color?
The only approved fence color is BURNISHED PEWTER by Cloverdale Paint. 8327

Burnished-Pewter-Colour-Patch-8327 - Cloverdale Paints

This can be purchased from a number of different retailers if given the approved color and supplier. Most paint retailers can tint their brand of paint to match.

Q. How do I know what the approved shingles are in The Hamptons?

The Hamptons Shingle Specification Change

**Please Note** The shingle specifications in the Neighbourhood have changed. Original shingles for The Hamptons were of a starter base of cardboard and were called an organic shingle. The replacement shingles now have a starter base of fiberglass hence the new name of laminate shingle. The shingles are manufactured by IKO in Calgary and used throughout Western Canada and can be bought through local Edmonton suppliers such as Lowes or RoofMart. They differ little in appearance from the original shingles, are economical and offer a limited lifetime warranty. These are the only approved shingles for use on Homes in The Hamptons.


Specifications for new replacement shingles are as follows:
Manufacturer – IKO, Calgary
Brand Name – IKO
Type – Laminate
Model – Cambridge Collection
Colour – Weatherwood

Shingles Brochure

Q. What can I do if I see Graffiti?
Please report any Graffiti to the City of Edmonton by calling 311, or via the City’s 311 app.
Q. I'm selling my home, who should I inform of The Hamptons HOA?
While there is an encumbrance on the Property Title, it is up to the Property Owner to read their title and keep it current.

If you are selling your house, it would be a good idea to tell your Real Estate Broker and Attorney that the property is in a HOA. As well, it’s a good idea that you inform Esquire Management Group that the property is changing hands.

It’s also a good idea to notify the agent of the fees are and the due date is May 31 of each year.

If there is a Caveat registered on the Title of the Property, the Title cannot change hands until the Caveat is discharged in full, including the Arrears dues, Caveat filing fee, interest and collections fees if applicable.

Please keep your fees up to date.

Q. What is a Homeowners Association?
A Homeowners Association (HOA) is a non-profit Society, governed by a volunteer Board of Directors representing its collective homeowner members, that is established to provide management, supervision and maintenance of various aspects of the subdivision for the benefit and enjoyment of residents and homeowners.
Q. How was the HOA established?
At the time The Hamptons was developed and subdivided, an encumbrance and restrictive covenant was registered against each land title in favour of the Homeowners Association (HOA). The encumbrance provides the HOA with the right to assess a membership fee so that the HOA can operate and carry out its initiatives. The HOA is an incorporated non-profit Society in the Province of Alberta and is governed by Societies Act.